This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure to learn more.
On the heels of my previous post regarding the power of sleep as a method of self-care, I decided to play pretend and create the ideal space for a good night’s rest. Good sleep isn’t fashioned out of thin air for most. Many factors play a role. Some of these factors include the avoidance of blue-light from screens up to two hours prior to bedtime. Light in general should be avoided. Heavy duty curtains can prevent outdoor light from shining into the bedroom of a downtown loft. A cheaper option would be an individual sleep mask for the eyes. On top of sleeping in a darkened room, an ergonomic mattress has been shown to greatly improve quality of sleep. An added priority should be sheets that are friendly to the skin and worth sinking into. Lastly, humidity control and replenishing masks allow skin to recuperate overnight from the harshness of sunlight.
In an effort to create the ideal micro-environment for decent shut-eye, here are a list of home favorites that set me up for sleep success.
- A dependable mattress
- Heavenly sheets
- Cozy house slippers
- Lounge-worthy pajamas
- Humidity Control
- Clean air
- Silk sleep mask
- Beautiful bedside water glasses to promote hydration
- A sublime repleneshing mask
- Blue Light Blockers
In an effort to stray from the indication that good sleep requires spending, here are a list of free actionable tips to improve your sleep.
- Maintain consistency in following your natural circadian rhythms.
- Avoid screens up to two hours prior to bedtime.
- Drink a glass of water prior to sleeping and upon awakening.
- Quiet the mind in the form of meditation.
- Include physical activity in your daily routine.
- Consider when you eat. Go to bed satiated, not hungry or full.
Of course, a combination of both creating the right environment and doing the right actions creates the best results. You may also find relevance in the following posts.
- Self-Care Guide for Health Professionals
- My Updated Winter Skin Care Routine with True Botanicals
- Home: A Good Night’s Sleep with Leesa Mattress Topper