February always feels like a month gone by. I ended up working more days in February, covering for doctors who went on vacation, so I did not reach as many blogging goals as I had anticipated. Despite that, the blog saw an increase in income, as well as an increase in traffic. I was able to keep up with my personal goals, focusing on building meaningful relationships with my patients, family and friends.
A lot of things has happened in our life career-wise as well! Mike received three offers for a full-time job and he accepted one! It has been one year since he worked full-time, but we are very happy with the offers he received. This means we will no longer need to pay for our own health insurance, he will get a 401K match, and we have all the other fun benefits that come with steady work.
I also took on a new role as the wholesale director for Rye Goods Co., the same bakery that I used to work midnight shifts at two years ago. We now have a storefront on Lido Island in Newport Beach, so do come say hi when you have the chance! Now, I am a part-time dentist, part-time blogger, and part-time bakery wholesale director. I decide my hours and schedule, and am contracted for all three positions. I am very excited for my new way of working and grateful for all the people I get to interact with. Additionally, with the exception of the two days I work as a dentist, I get to work from home with my husband and enjoy afternoon sunshine in the living room with my cat. My entire life has changed for the better after I saved up enough money to financially independent and quit a job I disliked. I told myself that I will never take this for granted and not waste this opportunity. With that, here are my goals for March.
- Wake up early every morning and utilize the wee hours for my T.I.M.E. ritual: T- Thankfulness Practice by Gratitude Journaling, I- Insight by listening to podcasts, writing, or reading, M- Meditate using the TIDE app, and E – Exercise whether that’s running or hiking.
- Put phone away one hour before bed and limit Instagram use to 30 minutes per day.
- Use the Monk Manual every day to guide my intentional living.
- Create continuation between days by preparing the night before for the next morning’s most important tasks.
- Meditate with the TIDE app every morning.
- Stay offline one day per week.
- Exercise 5 days a week.
- Immerse in the outdoors 3 days a week.
- Use Magnesium Spray to boost energy, lift mood, calm the mind, and relax the muscles.
- Clean eating with whole foods and regenerative foods.
- Try food journaling.
- Create systems for my new role at Rye Goods Co. in order to improve the organization of all wholesale clients.
- Familiarize myself with the billing and invoice platform for Rye Goods Co.
- Begin to onboard new clients by the end of March.
- Create genuine, meaningful relationships with patients by spending an extra five minutes each appointment learning one new thing about their social life.
- Publish 20 blog posts.
- Top last month’s 7.4K Pinterest views.
- Top last month’s $600 blogging income.
- Put away things daily.
- Do a pantry clean out and organization.
- Declutter paper and digital files and email.
- Save $7k next month to ramp up for whenever student loan repayment resumes – invest 20% of it and place 80% in our Marcus High Yield Saving’s Account.
- Close on a second refinance of our home, hopefully sealing the interest rate at 2.875%.
- Cancel our health insurance now that Mike got a full-time job!
- Get our taxes filed.