In my opinion, the perfect housewarming gifts come in the form of consumables. My preferred list include a bottle of red wine or bubbly for celebrating, a bundle of palo santo for clearing the air, or a few boxes of to-go food for the movers and the newly moved. I have also baked pastries, brought candles, and gifted bath soaps and lotions. Something simple goes a long way. Suffice it to say, I bring housewarming gifts meant to be used and discarded, for fear of cluttering someone else’s new abode. I avoid burdening others with gifts that they may eventually outgrow, or worse yet, dislike from the get-go. So, I play it safe, sticking to my guns with the whole consumables thing.
But what of my own home? Well, that’s a different story. In line with the literal meaning of the word ‘housewarming’, I look for pieces that would add warmth to my space. I like tiny touches or useful gadgets that make the living-in more pleasurable. This is all aligned with my belief that things should be both functional and beautiful. I use new things to create the intentional life I envision for me and my family.
With the recent move into our new townhome, I have been sourcing a few brands that I think would really add a nice touch to our space. Below are a few items I have my eyes on.
Housewarming Gift Guide
- An innovate safe that’s both sleek, minimalism, and secure.
- An alternative to your phone alarm for a calm morning and ambient evening.
- A reversible alpaca throw, for warmth.
- The scent of Spanish moss, Amber, and Salt.
- A little help, for reaching the unreachable.
- A minimalist knife set of high caliber.
- An evaporating stone bath mat. Science or magic?
- An affordable luxe duvet cover set. Frugal but fabulous.
- Finally, a literal fire.
For additional gift guides, right this way.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure to learn more.