Today, my interview with Brad and Jonathan from Choose FI was released. In it, we discuss the topic of hyperdebt among recent grads. The podcast can be found at their website, so please have a listen!
If you enjoyed the content, here are other related topics that you may also find useful!
My Financial Story:
For New Grads:
- Finance: Student Loan Forgiveness Options: IBR VS PAYE VS REPAYE
- Finance: Why We Chose Standard Repayment Over Loan Forgiveness
- Finance: The First Year of Paying Down $550,000 in Student Loans, An Update
- Finance: Why I Consider the Loan Forgiveness Program as a Risky Chance
- Finance: When NOT to consolidate student loans
On Saving Money:
- The Ever Growing List of Things I’ve Given Up in the Name of Frugality
- Frugal Challenge: Get Rid of as Many Subscriptions as Possible + Exciting News!
- Frugal Challenge: Don’t Buy Snacks
- Frugal Challenge: Don’t Buy Technology Brand New
- Frugal Challenge: Give Up Alcohol
- Frugal Challenge: Become Vegetarian One Week, Every Month!
- Frugal Challenge: Co-housing
Also, since the podcast’s recording, we have successfully been able to purchase a home! On top of paying down student debt at a rapidly fast rate! Here are a few samples of the new set of posts regarding property ownership.
- How to Decide if Property Ownership is a Good Financial Decision for You
- Property Ownership: The 45% Rule in Mortgage Lending + IBR’s Saving Grace
- Property Ownership: How to Detect and Avoid Fake Sellers
- Property Ownership: How much is it worth?
- Property Ownership: Understanding and Improving Credit Scores
- Property Ownership: 5 Things to Avoid During Mortgage Application (Travel Hacking Included!)
- Property Ownership: It’s Not About Finding Your Dream Home
- Property Ownership: Taking Renovations Nice and Slow
- Property Ownership: Overcoming Buyer’s Remorse
Feel free to contact me with any questions, or simply to share your own stories. Like I mentioned in the podcast, I do not know of anyone else tackling a debt this large, but it’d be nice to create a community of said people.