This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure to learn more.
When I look at moms these days, I wonder how in the world god-send super humans came to be. Although I am not one such being, I imagine a modern day mama to be extremely well-organized, balancing society’s expectations of being a nourishing provider to their families, a hard worker who may or may not contribute financially (but should be getting paid none-the-less), a fit athlete concerned about well-being and overall health, a never-ending source of emotional support, and on top of that, a model socialite, well-informed and light-hearted – a person who never loses her cool, has time to see her friends, and holds everyone’s schedules, down to the second, together.
Of course, this is exactly the kind of perfect imagery that would be strong enough to break any warrior. I personally do not agree that the standard we hold for mothers require my writing a run-on sentence. Yet, still, I see mamas be this exact lionheart day in and day out. Which begs the question of what mamas really need to support their crusade. Sure, I would love to give all mama’s a few days of rest throughout the week, although I am sure some would be satisfied enough with a few moment’s of sleep. But what of it afterwards? They go back to being the champions of our families, and I can’t help but think that the best gifts to give would be those that support their daily activity. Because super mamas, they don’t stop. Mine didn’t, even after we’ve all left the nest. And neither did my father’s. There’s something about them that always keep them on the go. They are heroes deserving of our protection and support, and because of that, I’ve wrangled together a list of special items that my very own modern mama would use.
- A pair of shoes to support all the errands.
- Everyday jewelry, practical and personalized.
- Athleisure wear that transitions well from the gym, to work, to home, plus wherever else super mamas go.
- Something to keep well hydrated, and a sash to keep it handy at all times.
- Liquid gold to fuel her mornings.
- A bag that contains Mary Poppins magic abilities.
- Eye protection, and also, a cover-up for tired eyes.
- Refreshing essentials, in my humble opinion.
- Something big, for those truly on the go.
If you liked this and would like more ideas, you may also want to check out last year’s suggestions centered around giving mothers the rest they need.