This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure to learn more.
Well-being and mental health have become increasingly imperitive for those living life in the fast-lane. I count myself in the tally. Before switching to a slower pace, I was constantly in a state of low-grade panic. Instead of taking breaths, I was holding them in. I was literally throwing away my life force towards menial tasks that got me nowhere. I was also throwing my money around like it was free. Sound familiar?
Twas nice to finally put on my metaphorical brakes and force myself to a complete STOP. Well, if I was being truly honest, it was COVID that gave my life pause. There were a couple of weeks where I literally had nothing – no job, no responsibility, no travel plans, nowhere to go, no one to see. The stay-at-home mandate was a sudden wake up call, as well as a slight shift in perspective.
I had already been pursuing slow living, but it was still a pursuit. With me, everything is a pursuit. Even doing nothing is a pursuit. Who could blame me? Our society trains us from day one to achieve. Which competes with our wishes to be.
Anywho, we could all use some healing right now. This month, I alluded to mental health as being one of my main foci in my August Goals post. Whether you have yourself or someone else in mind, here is a gift guide for well-being and attending to our mental health.
- A planner centered around gratitude and intention.
- An app for meditation.
- Live plants and natural surroundings (try their monthly subscription!).
- Reviving products for stressed out skin.
- Happy pills, but good for you.
- The gift of good sleep (with $40 OFF a purchase of $200 or more).
- Beautiful sheets that prompt a whole day in bed.
- Towels worthy of a bath soak.
- Pillows for sinking into and creating reading nooks (with 15% OFF using my code: debtist15) .
- A beautiful new mat for an early morning routine.
- Something soft for our weathered feet.
- A polish whose proceeds are donated to a non-profit helping those with mental illness.